General Class Information
For each class, the goal is to have a finished or nearly finished quilt top or project item by the end of class. While this is the goal of each class, there are a few factors the influence whether a student is able to finish in the allotted class time or not—the difficulty and complexity of the project, the pace the student is comfortable working at and the time the teacher spends attending to the needs of each student as they work on their project. Time to begin quilting the finished quilt top is not included in the class unless otherwise noted.
There will be a lunch break during the longer classes, as determined by the students and teacher. You are welcome to bring your lunch or grab a bite at any of the local restaurants. The Cotton Patch does not provide lunch for the class unless specifically noted.
CLASS SAMPLES ARE LOCATED IN THE CLASSROOM AND IN THE STORE.
| Advanced Quilt Making - Lone Star the traditional way (kinda)|
Use strips, pieced borders, machine applique and set in seams to make a wonderful Lone Star quilt. Lots of cool things to be learned in this class.
Cost: $ 25.00
| Intermediate Machine Quilting|
Jan Story takes to machine to show what you can do; she has different method than Diane.
Cost: $ 45.00
| Intermediate Quilt Making|
Learn the next steps in piecing. We will talk about different methods and we will be making Trail Mix, by Jaybird quilts - You can make baby up to queen. Your choice, your fabrics.
You will need a Super side kick ruler, Trail Mix pattern and fabrics for the size you are making.
Cost: $ 25.00
| Tokens of Time Wool BOM|
Learn the joy of easy hand applique in a sit and stitch setting. What is that? It means you come to class and stitch; at the same time you can make new friends and have fun too.
All it takes is a layer cake of wool from Marcus Brothers, the pattern and the will to sit and stitch. Along the way you will learn embroidery stitches, how to work with wool and set up for hand applique. The class is limited to 12.
Cost: $ 25.00
The Cotton Patch Class Policies
REVISED CLASS POLICIES - PLEASE REVIEW
- You are able to register for classes in-store or over the phone with a credit card. Class fee must be paid at time of sign up, and we do require a phone number with each sign up.
- You are not considered signed up for a class or event, nor is a spot reserved for you until the class fee is paid.
- The class fee does not cover the cost of supplies needed for class unless otherwise noted.
- You must be signed up and your class fee paid prior to the day of class; this allows teachers and staff to prepare for the correct number of students.
- Class fees are not eligible for punches on your punch card, nor are full cards valid on class fees. See your punch card for more details on punch card validity.
- We no longer provide reminder calls. You are responsible for maintaining your class date and time—be sure to write this information down where you will best remember it. See “Cancellations and Refunds” for more information.
Supplies and Class Requirements
- For all non-lecture style classes, you will be expected to bring your basic sewing kit to each class unless otherwise noted in the class description. Your basic sewing kit consists of the following: your sewing machine, scissors, pins, thread, hand sewing needles, replacement machine needles and any other basic sewing item you find most practical for your general use.
- If your class has a book or pattern associated with it, no supply list will be provided—your pattern is your supply list. If we have sold out of the required pattern, we will notify you as soon as it comes in, and you may pick it up at your convenience. If no book or pattern is required, a supply list will be provided to you at point of sign up.
Cancellations and Refunds
- Each class requires a minimum of 3 students signed up for the class to run. If there are not enough students signed up, the class will be cancelled. If the class is cancelled by the store, we will notify you as soon as possible and your class fee will be refunded in full.
- Any supplies purchased for the class are not eligible for return, refund or exchange.
- If you must cancel your attendance for a class, you must notify us 5 days prior to the class date to receive a full refund for the class fee.
- Cancellations within the 5 days prior to class will receive in-store credit for their class fee only.
- Cancellations within 24 hours of the class, day-of cancellations and no-shows forfeit their class fee. No refund of the class fee will be given in these circumstances.
- In the case of inclement weather, class will be postponed. We will notify students of the new date.
- You must know how to operate your own machine, and it must be in good working order before you attend class. Because everyone has experience with different machines, neither our teachers nor our staff may be equipped to assist you with a problem with your machine should an issue arise. Please be sure to bring your machine’s manual and any required accessories.
- Out of respect for our teachers and other students, we ask that you be on time for your class. Keeping track of your class date and time is your responsibility.
- Please turn your cell phone to silent or vibrate during class, and if you must answer a call we ask that you step out of class to tend to the call, out of consideration for other students.
- You may take a break from class as you need to, but lunch is not provided by the shop; be sure to plan ahead or plan to leave to buy lunch. There are several restaurants near the shop where lunch can be purchased.